Healing Sound and Vibration practice is done primarily with Gongs, and other healing musical instruments to enable you to relax, reset, feel, be, and belong.
Meditation is one of the ways in which the spiritual man keeps himself awake.
— Thomas Merton
- To understand the concept of healing with sound, one needs to first accept the concept that everything in the Universe is made from energy. There is no ‘solid’ matter, just packets of energy vibrating at different frequencies. Those that vibrate at low frequencies form ‘solid’ matter, those that vibrate at higher energies for ‘liquid’ and gaseous matter, and those at very high energies form various types of electromagnetic radiation such as heat and light. Nonsense? Well, the Ancients have believed this theory for centuries and now modern science in the form of quantum mechanics and related fields are proving this to us ‘modern’ Humans.
- All energy vibrates at an optimum frequency, hence all the cells, bone structure and organs of the body vibrate at an optimum frequency. When the body is vibrating at its optimum frequency, you are in the peak of physical health, happiness, contentment and well being. Unfortunately stress (in particular), illness and dis-ease cause a shift in the vibrational energy and this manifests itself as physical ailments or mental disorders.
- Sound healing is the practice of ‘re-tuning’ the body parts back to their optimum vibration frequency. The gong is particularly good at this. They produce a wide range of frequencies, tones and harmonies and the body is very good at selecting the frequencies it requires to heal itself using a process known as entrainment. Essentially the body 're-tunes' itself using these vibrations rather like a piano tuner returning a grand piano.
- Particles vibrate at a specific frequency for each source, called its natural frequency. Occasionally, objects vibrating at their natural frequencies will cause resonance. Resonance is when objects with the same natural frequency as the vibrating source also begin to vibrate. When resonance happens it affects can be very powerful. Gongs and use symphonic tones to balance the body and restore harmony.
- Like adjusting a piano, your body can be tuned to achieve optimal physical balance. Bathing in the vibrations of a Symphonic Gong will instantaneously alter your body’s biochemistry and bring your nervous system, muscle tone and organs into harmonic balance. Back to your own SOUL’S SONG.
- Sound and music have profound effects on our physiology - awakening the memory of wholeness and entraining the body toward greater harmony and balance.
Benefits of a Sound Session
- Sound hydrates the tissue.
- Sound helps the body stay more liquid.
- Improved overall alignment.
- Sound work speaks directly to the innate intelligence of the person.
- Sound compliments and enhances other mind body therapies.
- Sound improves circulation and oxygenation.
- Sound helps dissolve historically held memories in tissue.
- A deeper rest and relaxation is obtained.
- A balancing of the electro-magnetic field.
- Pain is often released.